Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors
A quick post this morning as off to see my granddaughters.
If you saw my blog post on Monday you will see I have been having a bit of a change from cards.
Today I bring you an altered coffee jar!
I have to thank Kathryn Halstead for her inspiration with this project.
Step by Step
1. I gave the jar and lid a coat of PVA glue to start with.
2. I embossed paper using Embossalicious Regal Flourish, tore them up and decopatched them onto both the jar and lid. I then gave it a coat of Black Gesso.
3. I then arranged all my embellishments which consisted of metal, wood, paper, lace, pearls to the jar and lid. I then gave the jar and lid 2 coats of black gesso, letting each coat dry first.
4. Once dry using a dry brush and white paint gently with the flat of the brush dusted over the areas where no embellishments where, this highlighted the embossed/torn paper, I think it looks like slate.
5. To finish off I went over the bird cages, pearl trim on jar and lid, all metal embellishments with Pebeo Studio Iridescent Copper and the flowers with Iridescent Red Blue.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
We love 2 Create #15 - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Not Just Cards Challenges - Always Anything Goes
Inky Chicks #54 - Use a Metal Embellishment
2 Creative Chicks #28 - Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Anything but a Card #49 - Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx