Followers

Sunday, 21 December 2014

Birthday Fairy

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

All Christmas card making items have been put away for another year!
I spent yesterday making some birthday cards for a change and really enjoyed it.

I have decided to make a list of things I want to try to create next year, if like me you say "oh I must try that" and never get around to actually doing anything well next year I am going to tick off a few of these items off my list.

Today's card is one of my favourites, I love fairies.


Step By Step

1. 7 x 7 square white card, I have placed a doily which has been distressed with DI Dusty Concord.
2. The next layer is paper from Prima Pixie Glen and First Edition Rose Garden adhered together the top layer I cut a 3rd of the way down and curled the side back to reveal the paper underneath and distressed with DI Shabby Shutters.
3. The Fairy image is from Hobby House Wee Toppers and distressed with Shabby Shutters then matted and layered onto lemon card.
4. I adhered pearl trim and a Wild Orchid Crafts Lily which has been distressed with Dusty Concord
5. To finish off I added a dragonfly chard and attached Baker's twine to make a bow. Added the Sentiment and green flat back gems to each corner.


Many thanks for visiting today!
Crafty Hugs xxx

27 comments:

  1. Sweet card Linda. Like you there is so much I want to do, like using my gelli plate which is still in the bag it arrived in....a different circle next year...looking forward to seeing yours...xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh! I also love fairies and this is so cute and stunning!! Love your card, the colours are so sweet and the distressed dolily give it a special touch! I wieh to have a birthday card so it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is simply stunning,hun the detail is brilliant hope you have a wonderful Christmas sweetie hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many things on my crafty bucket list too! Here's to an adventurous 2015!

    Lovely card...great colours and design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful fairy card, love the image and the backing papers are fab. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this image Linda. One of my favourites. So beautiful.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda this is another stunning creations. I would like to thank you for all the inspirational post you have had on your blog and for all the amazing comments you have left on my blog throughout 2014
    wishing you and your family a Very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda this is such a beautiful card.Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card Linda. Super design and colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Linda, my two favourite things, fairies and the colour lilac ! A very sweet image,
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Linda...and yes I need a list too! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Linda so pretty. My Xmas stuff has been put away too and I had a lovely time making calendars for the two mums so was happy to do something else. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty card Linda - love it! Hope you have a happy christmas! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card Linda and a gorgeous fairy. I love the doiley and the way you folded back the paper. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous birthday card! LOVE the coloring and the background paper is perfect for the image! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, being a Dec birthday girl, it's lovely to see. I always hated being given a Christmas card for my birthday! Now a card like this? WOW! That would be a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hellom Linda, Another gorgeous card, love the fairy image and the beautiful colours. Love the backing papers.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the layers on this beautiful card, Thanks for joining us this week for Lots Of Layers at QKR Stampede and have a Merry Christmas.
    Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely card thank you for joining us at A Crafty Mess Challenge Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our 4th Anniversary Anything Goes Challenge. Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    Hugs Helen P (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for joining in with Sparkles this month. I really love the glitter you have added to the wings, really gives it that something extra special. Good luck
    Suzy DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx