Followers

Saturday, 20 September 2014

Crocheted Flowers

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I had a really lovely evening last night crocheting flowers using my crochet cotton from Turkey.

Here are a couple of pictures and I have written out the pattern for you too!
Why not have a go and please let me see photos of your flowers. 


These are the 6 flowers I made last night.


Close up of the flowers

Pattern

 Using Crochet hook 2.00 mm and cotton make a chain of 6 stitches then form a ring with ss (slip stitch)
 First Round -1 chain (doesnt count as a st) 16 dc (double crochet)into ring, ss to first dc.
 Second Round -  4 chain (counts as dc and 2 ch) miss first 2 dc *1 dc into next dc, 2ch miss 1 dc, rep from * to end, ss to 2nd of 4 ch at beginning of round. (you should have 8 chain spaces.
 Third Round - (1ss, 1ch, 5 dc, 1 ch, 1ss) into each chain space to end, you should have 8 petals.
Fourth Round - 1 ch (doesn't count as a st), working behind petals of previous round: 1 dc around stem of first "dc" of 2nd round, *3 ch, 1 dc raound stem of next dc of 2nd round, repeat from * 6 more times, 2 ch, 1 dc into first dc. 8 chain spaces.
Fifth Round - (1 ss, 1 ch, 5 treble, 1 ch and 1 ss) into each chain spaces to the end. 8 petals, fasten off yarn.

I hope you have a go of these flowers, they are so easy to make and will be going on future projects.

Many thanks for visiting 
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

15 comments:

  1. These are lovely Linda - thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Linda thank you for the pattern x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are gorgeous Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love these, wish I could crochet, tried a couple of times but never succesfully!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are beautiful Linda great colours.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful flowers, Linda, and your instructions are terrific. Thanks so much. Wish I could find some of that really fine crochet thread but a trip to Turkey just isn't on my list at the moment. :-ZD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great instructions and gorgeous flowers Linda. I've always wanted to learn to crochet - I tried and failed as a child. Now that I'm ready try again I can't coz of my tremor. One of these days....x

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are beautiful Linda - thanks so much for your support hun - I do appreciate it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous - pity I can't crochet otherwise I'd have given them a go xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are fabulous Linda, what a gorgeous embellishment these will make to your card making xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers Linda, the colours are gorgeous. You are so talented xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flowers once I get my head round the pattern I will have a go , thanks for the instructions xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your gorgeous flowers Linda.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flowers Linda. Have printed the pattern out and will definitely be giving these a go.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx