Followers

Friday, 12 April 2013

SteamPunk Canvas

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Well I had a brilliant day today!  Kath aka Mucky Paws and I have had a good play and we have done a canvas each.  We painted our canvas' and then went to The Range, well it would have been rude not too!  We had a coffee and a muffin and toasted sandwich while we where there and then we raided the store.  As it was newly opened we had a £10 voucher off if you spent £50 or more.  Well ladies it would have been so rude not to spend that much.  We managed to get quite a few bargains, 12 x 12 canvas' pack of 3 for £5 and 1 litre white Gesso primer for £10.99 for 2, so of course we bought 2 and split the price.  I got all sorts of goodies and a frame for my picture to go in for Rick for his birthday on Sunday.  I got some metal cookie cutters for my UTEE.  We came back and put our canvas' together

I decided to do a Steampunk one.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.  I hope that you do too. Please don't forget to hop on over to see what Kath has done as she has done a totally different theme and it is just so lush.






Recipe

1. 8 x 8 canvas painted with black acrylic painted
2. Covered canvas with FabScraps Heritage Script 2 paper
3.  Image is from Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante Collection Eclectic Emporium #4500265
4. Painted over it with watered down white and black acrylic to make grey
5.  The cogs Kath brought me which she cut out of Grunge Paper I have embossed them with Taupe Fran-Tage.
6.  The net has been distressed with DI Aged Paper and the mechanism has been distressed with Lettuce Adirondak Ink, the cogs have also been distressed this way too.
7.  The chain has been threaded through the clock hand, key and lock.



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

30 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is a stunning vintage steampunk creation. So love the earthy tones.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Linda this is fabulous!!! absolutely love it!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely steampunk canvas Linda, love that image have fun with the new goodies
    hugs and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous canvas, love the steam punk theme.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous love the gorgeous image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great canvas Linda, sounds like you had a great day too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is wonderful Linda - when you two get together you certainly craft up a storm! Sounds like a fabulous day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda this is gorgeous love it love the cogs are fab as is the design have a brilliant weekend
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Linda - this is stunning - so much to see - really vintage feel, love all those elements.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic canvas Linda! Love all of the gorgeous elements on here! Glad you had a fabulous, productive day :) I also see you have entered into Challenges 4 Everybody - Good Luck and thank you so much for sharing with us there too!
    Hugs, Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous Linda, I like everything about it!!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks class Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous canvas Linda, love the image and embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing project Linda, love the image and fabulous embellishments.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. An absolutely fabulous canvas Linda, love it. Sounds like a great day. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fantastic canvas Linda. I love the background, image and elements you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda .Your creation is out of this world awesome .One of those pieces that one would feel compelled to pick up and feel the texture and to have a closer look .
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic and creative canvas . I love it !!! such a work of art xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, stunning steampunk, love the cogs they really stand out :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stunning xx thank you for a fabby day :) x that crackle glaze worked a treat !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so glad that you and Kath has a wonderful day. You are both lovely and I hope one day tthat I will be able to meet you.
    This is gorgeous as always. Love the embellishments and that image is gorgeous.

    Hugs as always
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely canvas - would love to see the photo frame too.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing canvas, I absolutely love it, thank you so much for joining us over at Anything Goes for our heavy metal challenge xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is looks fantastic Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love this...I have a canvas I want to do but leaving it til the summer hols! I hope it turns out like yours! X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow this is stunning. Thanks for sharing at PTT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely love this hun it's so stunning gorgeous images and textures, just so beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so far behind on my visits. Somehow last week just got away from me and I'm out of time. I'm doing a quick browse through to make sure I don't miss anything but work calls so I doubt I'll have time to comment on everything. Love this combo of vintage and steam punk embellies. Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous canvas Linda. I love the embellishments and you have inspired me to dig out my G45 papers and actually USE them lol.
    Thanks for joining the Heavy Metal challenge at Anything Goes.

    Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx