Followers

Thursday, 5 April 2012

Fairie Poppet

Good Afternoon my crafty friends and followers

Today I am having a bit of a play with my crafty stash before getting down to some serious design team work I have to do.  I find that if I make cards for me then my ideas start flowing and I jot them down so that when I come to make my DT work it just starts to flow and that is when I start creating for Britian!!!

Here today in Warrington we have blue skies with fluffy white clouds but boy is it cold.  It is about 6 degrees here but I don't mind as I have lots of lovely daylight while crafting. 

My card I am going to show you is a decoupage I have had for quite a few years and like all of you I forgot I had them as I now do a lot of stamping and digi work I don't do decoupage as much as I used too.  This is lovely spring colours and I want the spring weather back not winter weather.  Anyway here is my card.  I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it.


Recipe & Method
1.  The card base is white and one of the new designs from Kanban Crafts.  I have layered over this using a piece of the luxury 12 x 12 Kanban card.  Before matting it onto the card base I have added some pale green ribbon and lemon.
2.  The image is Fairie Poppets by Christine Haworth and die cut so I have placed this on my card using Pinflair glue gel.
3.  To finish off the card I have added a beaded strand and some lemon and green roses, some lemon pearls around the edge of the card.  The butterfly charm is from Meiflower.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

16 comments:

  1. That is really pretty Linda.
    Cold here too, have a good weekend.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful weather here in Adelaide ..
    Amazing card design and stunning whimsical creature .. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I never get round to doing much Découpage now-a-days too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love al the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a pretty card Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda, I like the image and design
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful linda image and card.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card, love it Linda, love the sparkle! Sending big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and love the flowers and charm on here.
    Stay warm.....or come to Texas and get warm! LOL!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda she is beautiful I have her I love the shiny finish on her.What a gorgeous card, I love this well done hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card linda, have a fab easter whatever you are up to. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. really pretty Linda - I'm glad to see one of these cards being used as I have some and haven't used them yet - so thanks for the inspiration! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, Linda, we want Spring back not Winter. It is seriously cold down her in Worcestershire. Thank you for your visit this week, and have a good Easter. xx Maggie #9

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Linda, sorry I've been such a rubbish follower lately, I've just gone back to work after 6 months off and I'm really struggling to blog!
    Gorgeous card, I love the poppets, I have loads of gorgeous decopage of them.
    Thanks for joining in with Anything Goes at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda,
    What a pretty card. I love the image & gorgeous shimmer. Thanks for joining us at the Divas By Design Birthday Blog Hop.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Linda I love all the colours and textures your flowers are dreamy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx